Wink is a great freeware for capturing and editing screencasts on Windows/Linux. Unfortunately, it only supports exporting screencasts as Flash (.swf) videos, which cannot be directly uploaded on YouTube. Here is a quick way to convert Wink screencasts into videos you can upload on YouTube using Windows Movie Maker (free).
- Open your screencast file (.wnk) with Wink
- Export the captured images as HTML (File -> Export as HTML)
- Open Windows Movie Maker
- Drag and drop all the images in the exported HTML’s image directory into Movie Maker
- Select all images, go to the Edit tab and set the duration to 0.3 seconds
- Export as a video in the format of your choice (.wmv works fine with YouTube)